How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-25T14:59:42+00:00

    Hi Matthias

    Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

    Go to Time and Language - Region

    Is your region/location set correctly on that page?

    Close the Settings App

    If that was not the problem, you can manually set that page in the Edge browser:

    Click the 3 dots at the top right of edge, choose Settings

    Click 'On Startup' on the left side

    Set your initial page in Edge, to say, www.msn.com/en-us

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-25T23:34:11+00:00

    Thank you very much for the help.

    I tried all your recommendations, but I just cannot get to change the language. Whenever a new tab is selected, it defaulted back to Chinese instead of the English though all URLs had been set to www.msn.com/eng-us.

    When I looked into the settings in Edge, the default new tab has been set to "top site" and I just cannot change the language settings of the "top site" tab. So I had the "Top Site" set to "A Blank Page", though it did not solve the issue I have.  

    Again, greatly appreciate your help and advice. =)

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-26T07:05:49+00:00

    Hello Matthias, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

    Is it only when you open a new tab? or does this also happen if you enter the address manually?

    You said the display language is ok, but did you look into the keyboard layout? Sometimes if you have 2 languages ​​for the keyboard it can interfere in certain applications. See the picture below.

    If not did you try to reset the default settings? In Edge options...

    You can also uninstall and reinstall the application in the windows settings.

    You must go to Settings, click on 'apps'

    Scrolldown to Microsoft Edge

    and click Uninstall.

    Note: You will lose your data in Edge if you have not saved anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-28T15:33:30+00:00

    Yes, I have more than one languages for the keyboard. I will try to remove the others and see how it goes. Thank you so much!! =)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-02T05:26:40+00:00

    There is no option for language in On Startup and no Initial page at all

    I have deleted the app and downloaded the latest version

    This is really annoying and one of the reasons that Google is a much better product, but I want to comment on MSN so I'm stuck with Edge

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments