How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T12:10:16+00:00

    This was the first thing I did when the problem began. Being in china, even when using a VPN, edge reverts back to Chinese upon every restart. Appears MS capitulated in order to allow edge broad use here. Have heard from over 100 others in the same irreversible situation. Many thanks to MS for selling out. Least they could have done from the beginning was simply tell the truth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T04:45:16+00:00

    Hi,

    Not sure if this has been answered. But if haven't hope this will help

    When you're on the new tab, go on to the gear icon and the follow by the "Advanced" (as shown in the image below).

    From the "Advanced" tab, you'll then have the option to select the "Language & Content". After selecting your preferred language, the page will the reload to the respective language setting.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T08:09:27+00:00

    Hi Matthias,

    I had similar issue but with page being displayed in Greek.

    So what I spot there was a little popup message on the bottom of the page with .

    I have connect this with the fact of getting a news feed with last Microsoft update pack.

    The unwonted news feed which you cannot switch off (customized). I have no idea how they assumed that I mast have News Feed. :)

    I change successfully the new page language by change News Feed language.

    You can do so in few steps

    1. Go to the language preferences of your news feed

    or hit the link Microsoft News (msn.com)

    I just spot that if you use Chinese News Feed option page you will not get a language option.

    1. It will let you open News Feed preferences page. Go to the last tab

    1. After changing language to English open new page [Ctrl+T] and refresh page [Ctrl+F5] then everything should go to normal.

    For English

    For Japanese

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T00:49:15+00:00

    This problem originated with an Edge update going back to last fall (2020).

    The solution you suggest was one of the first approaches we took (and tried over and again) It was/is ineffective. It may indeed work from other countries, but not the PRC - and Microsoft knows this.

    It appears to be some sort of concession MS has made to the regime, and is silent on resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T00:14:49+00:00

    There is a settings cog to the right of the screen on the banner (within the tab)

    Select the bottom tab > click the tab you enter into > this is the language menu.

    Select a language you can read!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments