Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T06:15:53+00:00

    SO..... I didn't feel like deleting stuff and re-installing stuff because I did a clean install of Windows 11.

    What I did to fix the issue was to mute the Mic

    ( to mute mic click settings, privacy and security tab, then microphone, then just mute it because why use it right?),

    I use a bose speaker as the main speaker on my pc and it has a built-in microphone, therefore it makes it for some reason act like the year 2004 Motorola Bluetooth headset which only had one speaker...

    Go figure that out, I've never really been able to use a Bluetooth headset either so I just got a wired one which is USB...

    Windows needs to get their issues corrected and offer better offers before they charge 200 dollars for an OS that is dwarfed by those which are free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T22:41:07+00:00

    I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

    The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

    Thank you

    :)

    Exactly the same problem here, no matter weather im using the nvidia hdmi audio output, the realtec audio out, or monitor headphone jack or my bluetooth speaker the volume is nowhere near as loud as it should be. I only noticed when instead of playing spotify on my pc to my bluetooth megablast speaker, I started playing spotify from my phone to my speaker and the volume playing from my phone makes my pc seem like its been capped at 50%. i have tried driver updates and all the advanced audio loudness sections and even 3rd party audio software to increase the gain but it does nothing. The volume bar in sound settings shows 100% but you can see the sound level is maxing out around 50%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T03:10:58+00:00

    BRO YOU ARE A MF LIFE SAVOR!!!! THIS WORKS FOR PRO WIRELESS 3 AS WELL!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-03T22:09:07+00:00

    You absolute legend

    I didn't even know my Beats Studio 3 headphones had buttons there!

    THANK YOU :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-04T00:29:56+00:00

    thank you sir! The reg path was incorrect but I searched for "DisableAbsoluteVolume|" in registry and changed the value to 1, restarted and the volume is now right. Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments