Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-05T15:16:19+00:00

    Nah, I've done that and pretty much everything every one had suggested

    I'm expert on PC and this issue seem to be once upgrading the pc instead of clean install

    I un-installed all drivers, nothing, NADA, the issue also appears to be more prominent on Bluetooth devices

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-05T15:28:28+00:00

    Yea I'm not sure then bud. I built my pc, it pretty high end gaming pc. That solved the issue for me considering it reset those settings to default on update. I'm sure that's most people issue. Someone said there was no enhanced settings, and there is, you just have to find it on each device you have and adjust it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-11T20:20:11+00:00

    Okay I think I figured out one way to fix this.

    So basically I use Beats Studio 3, and I had the same problem. To fix the problem I turned up the volume from the headphones themselves.

    Image

    I noticed that the volume on my laptop wasn't going up, but the volume was generally going up. Then I did volume up on my laptop and the volume got even louder. So my advice is just try doing volume up from your device itself. See if it works.

    I had the same problem with Creative AE-9 and minimizing and maximizing the volume a couple of times on the external DAC seems to have fixed it. It's some kind of sync issue between where W11 thinks the volume of the device is, and where it actually is. Leads to to the Win11 volume slider being at 100%, while your output device is nowhere near full output volume.

    I'm assuming this is not an issue for devices that have their own, seperate volume control and don't link their playback volume to the source device output volume, like the AE-9 does. This is why I couldn't replicate the issue when using the digital output to my amp.

    Cheers!

    THIS WORKED FOR ME!!! Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-11T20:30:53+00:00

    Right, that may work on sets with volume controls, however, how do you get that on AirPods?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-15T14:12:46+00:00

    Having the same problem here fam. Is there a chosen one out there that knows how to fix this problem for AirPods?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments