Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T15:22:44+00:00

    My problem is only with headphones. Clicking on headphones while in sound settings, the menu does come up but there was no "loudness" in the advanced tab under enhanced audio. There was a "levels" but that was already all the way up. I did notice a left and right channel volume slider above the enhanced audio and played around with that and bizarrely having the left channel at 84% and the right at full fixed my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T14:17:03+00:00

    I had the same problem on my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14IIL05 running Windows 11. I have tried updating drivers, several other headphones but nothing worked.

    Only thing worked for me was the instructions on below link. Although it says the instructions for windows 10 it worked for me. My value was set to 1 and I have changed it to zero. (step 5)

    https://winaero.com/enable-or-disable-bluetooth-absolute-volume-in-windows-10/

    1. Open the Registry Editor app.
    2. Go to the following Registry key.
      `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT```
    3. On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value DisableAbsoluteVolume.
      Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
    4. Set its value to 1 in to disable the Absolute Volume feature.
    5. Set its value to 0 in to enable Absolute Volume.
    6. Restart computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-04T00:29:56+00:00

    thank you sir! The reg path was incorrect but I searched for "DisableAbsoluteVolume|" in registry and changed the value to 1, restarted and the volume is now right. Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-03T22:09:07+00:00

    You absolute legend

    I didn't even know my Beats Studio 3 headphones had buttons there!

    THANK YOU :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T03:10:58+00:00

    BRO YOU ARE A MF LIFE SAVOR!!!! THIS WORKS FOR PRO WIRELESS 3 AS WELL!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments