Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T14:17:03+00:00

    I had the same problem on my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14IIL05 running Windows 11. I have tried updating drivers, several other headphones but nothing worked.

    Only thing worked for me was the instructions on below link. Although it says the instructions for windows 10 it worked for me. My value was set to 1 and I have changed it to zero. (step 5)

    https://winaero.com/enable-or-disable-bluetooth-absolute-volume-in-windows-10/

    1. Open the Registry Editor app.
    2. Go to the following Registry key.
      `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT```
    3. On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value DisableAbsoluteVolume.
      Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
    4. Set its value to 1 in to disable the Absolute Volume feature.
    5. Set its value to 0 in to enable Absolute Volume.
    6. Restart computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T03:10:58+00:00

    BRO YOU ARE A MF LIFE SAVOR!!!! THIS WORKS FOR PRO WIRELESS 3 AS WELL!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-11T20:20:11+00:00

    Okay I think I figured out one way to fix this.

    So basically I use Beats Studio 3, and I had the same problem. To fix the problem I turned up the volume from the headphones themselves.

    Image

    I noticed that the volume on my laptop wasn't going up, but the volume was generally going up. Then I did volume up on my laptop and the volume got even louder. So my advice is just try doing volume up from your device itself. See if it works.

    I had the same problem with Creative AE-9 and minimizing and maximizing the volume a couple of times on the external DAC seems to have fixed it. It's some kind of sync issue between where W11 thinks the volume of the device is, and where it actually is. Leads to to the Win11 volume slider being at 100%, while your output device is nowhere near full output volume.

    I'm assuming this is not an issue for devices that have their own, seperate volume control and don't link their playback volume to the source device output volume, like the AE-9 does. This is why I couldn't replicate the issue when using the digital output to my amp.

    Cheers!

    THIS WORKED FOR ME!!! Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-26T21:03:57+00:00

    I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

    The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

    Thank you

    :)

    I had the same issue on a fresh Win 11 installation. I managed to get normal audio level by going on my motherboard manufacturer website and download Win 10 audio drivers (they are a bit old, last build is from 2017). The audio chipset mounted on my MoBo is a Realtek's one. After driver installation and reboot all audio levels are back to normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-20T11:46:40+00:00

    Not working with Airpods 2n Gen :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments