My speakers sound fine if I run a test through settings. It comes out loud.
But when I try to get any volume through an app or program, even at 100% the sound is low.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max
The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?
Thank you
:)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My speakers sound fine if I run a test through settings. It comes out loud.
But when I try to get any volume through an app or program, even at 100% the sound is low.
SO..... I didn't feel like deleting stuff and re-installing stuff because I did a clean install of Windows 11.
What I did to fix the issue was to mute the Mic
( to mute mic click settings, privacy and security tab, then microphone, then just mute it because why use it right?),
I use a bose speaker as the main speaker on my pc and it has a built-in microphone, therefore it makes it for some reason act like the year 2004 Motorola Bluetooth headset which only had one speaker...
Go figure that out, I've never really been able to use a Bluetooth headset either so I just got a wired one which is USB...
Windows needs to get their issues corrected and offer better offers before they charge 200 dollars for an OS that is dwarfed by those which are free.
SO..... I didn't feel like deleting stuff and re-installing stuff because I did a clean install of Windows 11.
What I did to fix the issue was to mute the Mic
( to mute mic click settings, privacy and security tab, then microphone, then just mute it because why use it right?),
I use a bose speaker as the main speaker on my pc and it has a built-in microphone, therefore it makes it for some reason act like the year 2004 Motorola Bluetooth headset which only had one speaker...
Go figure that out, I've never really been able to use a Bluetooth headset either so I just got a wired one which is USB...
Windows needs to get their issues corrected and offer better offers before they charge 200 dollars for an OS that is dwarfed by those which are free.
Altec Lansing_BOOM JACKET 2S Bluetooth speaker
Muting the mic solved it for me... nice job!
You do not have to uninstall everything. Just go to your sound settings. While there, select the audio device, a drop down will appear. Make sure everything is turned to 100. At the bottom is a tab to turn on enhanced settings. Turn it on and to the left you will see advanced in blue, click on it. From the box, select loudness and check it. Adjust loudness all the way to the right (long eq), and select apply. There you go, 50 percent more volume.
I have exactly yhe same issue on my ASUS Zenbook Duo. I have a feeling it is something to do with the enhancements tab missing in properties.