Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-27T05:26:37+00:00

    I tried the advanced settings first (easiest!), but that didn't work. Windows has updated three times in two days for me. Every time it does, something new breaks. Usually my browser cache clears out in an unhelpful way, and I lose Chrome logins. This time, it was everything running at half volume.

    I'm trying to d/l all the drivers, but I don't know whether to get the motherboard manufacturer's latest drivers or, as someone suggested here, choose Win10 drivers, or even revert to Win10.

    [EDIT] I d/l my headphone's updater and found that Sennheiser only supports Win10. The weird thing is that only the latest Win11 upgrade, this week, tanked the volume. The hp were OK with the earlier Win11 updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-21T04:36:33+00:00

    After you run the troubleshooter, the sound works fine until you use the line-in port again. Then you're back to square one.

    So it's a problem with the line-in port.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments