Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-27T15:16:42+00:00

    Sure I have tried all this on two completely different PCs without any results

    to explain, all sound devices and or types do work and sound however, the volume on all of them, I mean all regardless of the type Bluetooth, speakers, headsets directly attached to the motherboard, etc. the volume of the sound coming out of all of them is HALF the volume using the SAME exact computer on windows 10

    furthermore, I can slide all the volumes to 100% everywhere and STILL the output is barely half o the output on Windows 10 using the SAME EXACT PC

    Is it only ME, having this issue on TWO completely different PCs different Mother Boards ??

    PC Motherboards as follows, the rest of the hardware is irrelevant to this thread so I simplify as follows

    PC1

    ASUs ROG Maximus XIII Z590- i9-10900K

    PC2

    Aus ROG STRIX Z490-A Gaming - i9-10900K

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-18T11:43:36+00:00

    welcome to the club. check the feedback hub, tons of reports about the same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T19:22:42+00:00

    Okay I think I figured out one way to fix this.

    So basically I use Beats Studio 3, and I had the same problem. To fix the problem I turned up the volume from the headphones themselves.

    Image

    I noticed that the volume on my laptop wasn't going up, but the volume was generally going up. Then I did volume up on my laptop and the volume got even louder. So my advice is just try doing volume up from your device itself. See if it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T12:32:27+00:00

    I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

    The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

    Thank you

    :)

    I had the same problem but noticed with the use of my Airpods.
    For me, it worked as follows:

    1- Uninstall all sound drivers for that device in device manager.

    2- Then uninstall all bluetooh sound drivers for that device as well.

    3- Remove the device and then restart the computer.

    4- Connect/Add your device again.

    It worked for me.


    Tive o mesmo problema, mas notei com o uso dos meus Airpods.

    Para mim, funcionou da seguinte forma:

    1- Desinstale todos os drivers de som para esse dispositivo no gerenciador de dispositivos.

    2- Em seguida, desinstalar todos os drivers de som bluetooh para esse dispositivo também.

    3- Remova o dispositivo e reinicie o computador.

    4- Conecte/Adicione seu dispositivo novamente.

    Funcionou comigo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T01:34:19+00:00

    I have the same issue with my AirPods Pro, on dell inspiron 5502

    Anyone solved the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments