I still can't get my Bluetooth working

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:28:43+00:00

Please don't send me to the Community page. After uninstalling and reinstalling the radio, the computer now shows I have no Bluetooth at all. I already tried everything (Device Manager, etc.) I have Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds. I'm running a 64-bit O/S. I'm running W10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.928)

I bought a dongle (USB 4.0). The file manager doesn't recognize the drive. It looks like my computer isn't granting permission to the flash drive, although the port works fine with everything else. When I view the properties on the Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, the device status indicates it's working properly.

Should I start all the Bluetooth functions that are currently on manual and put them on automatic? I uploaded the Bluetooth Audio Receiver and cannot open a connection: those options are grayed out and it's on idle.  Are there other troubleshooting options I can do to fix the problem in case this doesn't work?

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-04-29T07:06:56+00:00

I see the Sony WF-1000XM3 are designed for mobile devices so maybe that why you having trouble for Windows 10 Insider, Sony don't make software for them to use on Windows 10 devices.

Although they are Bluetooth I am not sure if both controller and connected device can talk to each other, just my thoughts.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-04-29T06:45:44+00:00

Can you remove the Broadcom device and make sure Bluetooth device that came with the motherboard is enabled in the bios, then make sure the drivers are installed ( get the drivers from the Asus's site), then check the device manager to see if it is working, if it is then try and connect your earplugs to it.

It hard to figure out if its a problem between the Bluetooth hardware and the operating system or is it a problem between the Bluetooth device and the device you are trying to connect which is the ear plugs

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-04-26T17:00:01+00:00

You appear to need some chipset drivers.  The ASUS download site is bad about hiding different drivers in the same grouping.. make sure and show all to find additional drivers.

Have you disabled the Realtek Bluetooth device?  If this is an ASUS motherboard or system, can you give us the model number?

You ear buds are Bluetooth 5.0.  Maybe the new build version does not like 4.0..  Bluetooth dongles are not very expensive, you could probably get a 5.0 or 5.1 one fairly cheap

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-27T01:19:49+00:00

    The Bluetooth adapter that came with the motherboard does that not work at all or when it was going had errors. My network adapter the came with this motherboard has network adapter and Bluetooth so does both systems. Does your computer still have wireless connection? with your router but no Bluetooth. 

    If you want the new dongle, I would disable the original adapter in the bios just for testing, the manual for your motherboard doesn't have a good bios section so I can't tell you how to do that.

    Have you tried different USB's ports on your computer, check the device manager while plugging it in to see if it sees the device? Trying to find the drivers for that device might be hit and miss so I would just try different versions until one worked.

     I would also check to see if you have the latest bios installed and install all the drivers for your motherboard from Asus's site.

    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

    EDIT: a dongle can also be a thumb drive for storing files on.

    What is a USB Dongle? (with pictures) (infobloom.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T23:46:52+00:00

    The Bluetooth adapter that came with the motherboard does that not work at all or when it was going had errors. My network adapter the came with this motherboard has network adapter and Bluetooth so does both systems. Does your computer still have wireless connection? with your router but no Bluetooth. 

    If you want the new dongle, I would disable the original adapter in the bios just for testing, the manual for your motherboard doesn't have a good bios section so I can't tell you how to do that.

    Have you tried different USB's ports on your computer, check the device manager while plugging it in to see if it sees the device? Trying to find the drivers for that device might be hit and miss so I would just try different versions until one worked.

     I would also check to see if you have the latest bios installed and install all the drivers for your motherboard from Asus's site.

    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

    EDIT: a dongle can also be a thumb drive for storing files on.

    What is a USB Dongle? (with pictures) (infobloom.com)

    The 2018 BIOS is the latest version for the G11CD. There's nothing more recent on the Asus or Intel websites. Asus sent driver updates. I installed them. They didn't work. 🤯 Would pnputil.exe be an option? I tried Huntersoft's Unknown Device Identifier. The Intel chipset is the 100 series. I'm not sure a DDR5 dongle will fix the problem and it might be the chipsets are out of date. I've seen a lot of other end users with the same problem.

    There seems no solution other than staying with my Android. Thank you, Bryce, for all your excellent suggestions.  I very much appreciate all your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments