If you have an ASUS Hero X (Wi-Fi), it uses Bluetooth 4.2.. You are not limited to Bluetooth 4.0, you can move up to 5.0.. On two of my systems, one being on 21H1 (.928), I am running Bluetooth 5.2, which hasn't been turned on yet, but all of my devices work normally.
That's what I thought! Bluetooth doesn't work with or without the dongle. The device is a 4.0 Insignia dongle. I reset the earbuds and disconnected them from my DDR5 Android. I've installed new drivers.
I dug a little deeper after your response. My computer is a couple of years old and runs on DDR4. I think DDR5 devices are backwards compatible because my earbuds show up in the Settings>Device. I uninstalled and reinstalled W10 (that's what backups are for... 😕) For what it's worth, I'm a Beta Insider so my OS was upgraded to .962.
Looks like a new dongle is in my future unless I can figure out how to get this working. I don't mind being limited to 4.0 for the time being. A new dongle is in my future...
Thanks very much to all of you. Your suggestions help a lot.