File Explorer stutters when opening a file location

Anonymous
2022-08-15T02:59:15+00:00

It opens in a window first and then goes maximized.

I've seen this behavior on previous Dev builds but it's much more noticeable on build 25179

Anyone else seeing this?

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T18:16:48+00:00

    I sure see quite a bit of delay on the desktop, without any recording going.

    No delay on the laptop.

    Inconsistencies like these are madening!

    Same 2 issues with Build 25182 on 2 Desktops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T23:37:02+00:00

    I also have a lengthy delay opening Windows Security

    https://aka.ms/AAhpkx5

    Upvoted that too.

    I see a similar delay, even if not as long as you show on the clip.

    The difference may be because of a faster machine. 😉

    I'll give it a try on an older laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-08-16T23:19:28+00:00

    Hi Sibro,

    My Dev on Hyper-V running on SP7 also has this problem and have upvoted on your link.

    Just opening explorer flashes white then opens in Dark mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. CrazyKats 19,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-08-16T22:49:44+00:00

    I'm also seeing this stuttering and flickering in Settings.

    Will upvote your FB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T16:39:27+00:00

    Hi Sibro,

    Verified the same issue and upvoted the FBH report.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments