RS-Prerelease Build 25158 + ISO is out to Dev Channel

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-13T17:00:12+00:00

Live in W.U.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Windows AI

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T06:34:24+00:00

    Upgraded another Desktop from 22621.290 to 25158.1000 with W.U.

    In this case, I do not have the error 0xc0000005 when I try Safe Mode.

    No Idea while the behavior is different.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T06:41:51+00:00

    Also got the Update Stack Package and some more updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T08:00:26+00:00

    This build installed fine on my main Dev PC. However, installing it on the second Dev, using the ISO created from the first, had a problem. Only got as far as the desktop, where I was greeted with a black screen, with a partially filled taskbar flashing on and off. The only response I got was from ctr+alt+delete. Managed to change user, which appeared without any problems, Reboot had no effect.

    So, eventually used "go back to previous version". This took a long time, but got me back eventually.

    Will try again, using the normal WU

    The second try via WU installed without any problems, as did the Hyper-V dev install

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2022-07-15T09:56:31+00:00

    FWIW, I now have 158 and all's well, so far, although only initial moments @ this point. Even after a reboot, I don't have some of the 'new' items or features all Insiders may not have 😂. Update via WU went fine & the Build is working just fine, far as I can tell thus far.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/0a17f7ca-742d-456a-828f-011d5cc8a0d6?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more