RS-Prerelease Build 25158 + ISO is out to Dev Channel

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-13T17:00:12+00:00

Live in W.U.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Windows AI

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T06:41:51+00:00

    Also got the Update Stack Package and some more updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T06:34:24+00:00

    Upgraded another Desktop from 22621.290 to 25158.1000 with W.U.

    In this case, I do not have the error 0xc0000005 when I try Safe Mode.

    No Idea while the behavior is different.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T04:54:12+00:00

    Here is another error of Widgets.exe, same exception code 0xc0000005 as explorer.exe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-14T20:05:26+00:00

    This is still broken with Build 25158.1000, the MS response indicated that it was fixed with 25158, but it is still failing.

    Safe mode boot with F4 or F5 options, fails with either one. Previously had failed with F4, now fails with both.

    https://aka.ms/AAhgxeo

    https://aka.ms/AAhbjmn

    Image

    Image

    Edit:

    Ran SFC /SCANNOW and also the commands below and did not find anything to fix.

    DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CHECKHEALTH

    DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /SCANHEALTH

    DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH

    DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /STARTCOMPONENTCLEANUP

    Then I tried an update/repair in place with the MS ISO 25158, but it did not fix the problem.

    Yet I have another machine with the same Build 25158.1000, and I can boot in safe mode without this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-14T19:26:09+00:00

    Just got this Update Stack Package:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments