RS-Prerelease Build 25158 + ISO is out to Dev Channel

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-13T17:00:12+00:00

Live in W.U.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Windows AI

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-17T05:34:02+00:00

    Weird stuff going on.

    Just got this warning on the screen, hit start to run winver to include in the comment but everything froze.

    Luckily, I was able to take a screenshot with Win + PrtSc

    Got it again after a restart before I could do anything and now I get it on every restart. 😒

    Does anybody knows how to stop it?

    It sure looks weird; I have not seen that message yet. 🤣🤣🤣

    Yes, the expiration date is 9/15/2022, but that is quite normal with dev builds.

    And your screen shows the current date correctly, 7/16/2022. 😎😎

    Some old links about the issue:

    Build of windows will expire soon - Microsoft Community

    Fix: 'Windows Will Expire Soon' Popup on Windows 11 - Appuals.com

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-17T04:06:41+00:00

    Weird stuff going on.

    Just got this warning on the screen, hit start to run winver to include in the comment but everything froze.

    Luckily, I was able to take a screenshot with Win + PrtSc

    Image

    Got it again after a restart before I could do anything and now I get it on every restart. 😒

    Does anybody knows how to stop it?

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T20:06:19+00:00

    Second time getting errors trying to update defender through W.U.

    Had to pause and resume updates to get rid of the error.

    Yet, checking directly from defender shows that the same update is already installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T18:19:05+00:00

    @Vienna10,

    How did you create the ISO?

    I downloaded the official MS Insider ISO 25158 and did not have any issues with it.

    Sorry for the late reply - time difference

    Used "uup-converter-wimlib-34" to make the ISO before the first reboot. Have done so without any problems for a long time.

    However, perhaps the problem was forgetting to disable "Startallback" and "Windows11DragAndDropToTaskbarFix"......

    Hi Vienna,

    That does not work anymore with latest development builds, because it misses all the basic windows apps. The problem started back in March 2022.

    I used to do the same as you before, but with 22563 and above it is no longer a valid option for dev Ni Builds.

    MS changed things and that is no longer possible to build a complete ISO after W.U. downloads the new Build.

    Latest wimlib is 81f, but still, you cannot get a valid ISO from Windows\SoftwareDistlibution\Download unless you download all the required Apps.

    At that point you may as well download all the needed cabs. 😎

    The process for building the ISO takes now much longer than it used to. 🤐

    For this build I downloaded the MS insider 25158 ISO.

    Image

    Clean Install of Windows 11 Ni Preview Build works with Build 22557, - Microsoft Community

    Here is a sample of the ISO being built after downloading all the needed files.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T13:34:06+00:00

    This way is very usefuf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments