Build 22621.436 and 22622.436 out to Beta Channel Insiders

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-19T22:40:31+00:00
Windows Insider program | Program announcements and registration | Communications and announcements

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

56 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T06:48:37+00:00

    Just got a notification that Photos Media Engine Add-on has been installed before I could even check. But I don't find it in the list of installed Apps.

    I see this, but I cannot find it in the list of installed Apps.

    It is one of those that show up in the Store but not in Apps, like Windows Web Experience Pack for example.

    Every time you open Photos for the first time it installs automatically.

    I'm glad it is working for you now. 👍

    Good night!

    Still not working on the other system. Same crash as other users have reported. 😜

    Source

    Microsoft.Photos.exe

    Summary

    Stopped working

    Date

    ‎7/‎23/‎2022 09:54

    Status

    Report sent

    Description

    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2022.31060.30005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe

    Problem signature

    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash

    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2022.31060.30005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    Application Name: praid:App

    Application Version: 2022.31060.30005.0

    Application Timestamp: 62bdf9cb

    Fault Module Name: SharedLibrary.dll

    Fault Module Version: 2.2.29512.0

    Fault Module Timestamp: 5fad1a6e

    Exception Code: 80070490

    Exception Offset: 00000000007e38de

    OS Version: 10.0.22622.2.0.0.256.48

    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional Information 1: 93b6

    Additional Information 2: 93b6638696c38b342097e53ba606b9de

    Additional Information 3: dd59

    Additional Information 4: dd591eae0baa61a74ce735a941e79fcc

    Extra information about the problem

    Bucket ID: 8bd7a2fbe46adcb84a3d212bca48d8d7 (1890703890526558423)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T06:42:40+00:00

    Hi Sibro,

    Tried the other system previously updated from 22622.290 to 22622.436 and Microsoft Photos still crashes the same as it did before. 🤬

    On this one the add-on was already modified on 7/21/2022. 🤷‍♂️

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T06:40:57+00:00

    Just got a notification that Photos Media Engine Add-on has been installed before I could even check. But I don't find it in the list of installed Apps.

    I see this, but I cannot find it in the list of installed Apps.

    It is one of those that show up in the Store but not in Apps, like Windows Web Experience Pack for example.

    Every time you open Photos for the first time it installs automatically.

    I'm glad it is working for you now. 👍

    Good night!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T06:27:40+00:00

    i noticed something on your screenshot.

    why does m$ still do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T06:17:55+00:00

    @Sibro.o,

    Just got a notification that Photos Media Engine Add-on has been installed before I could even check. But I don't find it in the list of installed Apps.

    We'll see if it makes any difference. 🤷‍♂️

    Still the same, not crashing on this system, I'll try the other one.

    Image

    I see this, but I cannot find it in the list of installed Apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments