Hi Johnny,
Tried another machine here in R.P. channel on 5/23/2024 10:28PM Pacific time.
It showed 24H2 available to download.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi fg,
I had to do the update via custom 26100.712 ISO last night. It still never showed up in WU. There was no issue with WU for 22631.3668 or AV updates. Strange behavior.
As per Copilot as an App, this is the first time seeing it and I actually prefer the sidebar compared to App. There is no Dark mode so when I open the App, I'm blasted with a white screen. Not cool for us Dark mode users. MS needs to get on this as the sidebar had dark mode.
There should be a user option for our choice of App or Sidebar in Settings.
Have a great long weekend.
Regards,
Johnny
Hi fg,
I had to do the update via custom 26100.712 ISO last night. It still never showed up in WU. There was no issue with WU for 22631.3668 or AV updates. Strange behavior.
As per Copilot as an App, this is the first time seeing it and I actually prefer the sidebar compared to App. There is no Dark mode so when I open the App, I'm blasted with a white screen. Not cool for us Dark mode users. MS needs to get on this as the sidebar had dark mode.
There should be a user option for our choice of App or Sidebar in Settings.
Have a great long weekend.
Regards,
Johnny
Hi Johnny,
Some users were saying that the update to 24H2 was showing under Optional updates. 🤷♂️
I just noticed that if I update 26100.712 to Canary 26217.5000, I get both the new App and the Side Panel for PRE. 😂😂😉
They will probably get rid of Copilot Preview on next Build.
hit the 3 line hamburger menu and in settings, you can select the color mode. Agree on option to dock.
Not impressed with the Release Preview upgrade process to 24H2. Three computers in RP channel. Only 1 saw the 24H2 26100.712 build via the 'seeker' experience. The other 2 did not and reported there was a newer build available when I checked the Windows Insider subpage in Updates. After two days I downloaded the ISO for an in place upgrade, which were for 560, but then I could check for updates after installing 560 and 712 was found.
On all computers, my carefully chosen Windows Wallpaper was replaced by Windows spotlight. Easy to change back, but annoying.
Network shares - needed to enter passwords again for shared folders on other computers. NAS boxes with shared folders on network "Windows Cannot Access" using friendly name (DNS??) but could access with IP address (but had to enter username and password) and could access from Storage icons in network (so DNS was obviously resolving locally). After a reboot, I could access with friendly name, but had to again enter username and password. Things went south again after another reboot and NAS boxes could not be accessed with friendly names. Rinse and repeat.
Do not disturb was turned on somehow - on all 3 machines. Yes, I filed most of this as feedback. Pretty clear there are some issues.
Hi fg,
I had to do the update via custom 26100.712 ISO last night. It still never showed up in WU. There was no issue with WU for 22631.3668 or AV updates. Strange behavior.
As per Copilot as an App, this is the first time seeing it and I actually prefer the sidebar compared to App. There is no Dark mode so when I open the App, I'm blasted with a white screen. Not cool for us Dark mode users. MS needs to get on this as the sidebar had dark mode.
There should be a user option for our choice of App or Sidebar in Settings.
Have a great long weekend.
Regards,
Johnny