That's the purpose of the Blog, but users don't always read it.
Build 26100.712 to RP
Windows Insider program | Program announcements and registration | Communications and announcements
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-06-04T23:27:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-06-04T23:11:11+00:00 On this subject again, WU indicating that an Insider update is available, yet not offering that update when the user searches for the update:
I had the problem too with 22631.3668 update not showing up last week, but this time I had no problem getting 24H2 update 26100.712.
Public Build is now different from R.P. one is 23H2 and the other 24H2.
Public Build will not catch up till later in the fall. 😂🤷♂️
I read one response from MS recently, to the effect that "the update to 24H2 is being rolled out gradually, so it might take some time for everyone to have access to it." And further stating that if a user wants 24H2 right away, use the ISO to update to 24H2 manually.
I suppose that explains it. Patience. On the other hand, Microsoft should know how users will think something went wrong.
My recommendation to Microsoft is, state that explicitly in the message. If WU cannot determine which PCs are on the current schedule to receive 24H2, then make it plain to users that they need not take any action. Just wait for the update to become available, perhaps even providing a time window.
Heaven only knows, users are all too familiar with such problems as these to persist indefinitely, unless they take action on their own. It does not hurt to put their mind at ease!!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-04T03:07:35+00:00 Hi Johnny,
Things are never consistent with MS W.U.
Lat week I could not update to 26100.712 from 26100.560 unless I joined R.P. insider, while you and Pauli could get it as non-insider
Today I got the update KB5037850 from W.U. as a non-insider here too just after a clean install of 26100.560.
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 24H2
Installed on 6/3/2024
OS build 26100.712
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26100.6.0
B.T.W.
The only reason I did a clean install again today is because I was experimenting with BitLocker which turns on automatically when I do a clean install on the machines that meet the prerequisites for Automatic Device Encryption Support.
I don't like that. 😝
I think it should still be a user's option to decide if it gets turned on or not.
On those specific machines I have to turn it off manually after the installation is done. 🤷♂️
manage-bde -off C:
(or whichever drive get automatically encrypted) 🤐
Seems pretty annoying to me.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-29T06:35:56+00:00 This may explain better why we get this error.
I did a clean install of 26100.560 and then Let W.U. add KB5037850 to get it up to 26100.712 and I noticed that this new task PcaWallpaperAppDetect is not present in Task scheduler, so it cannot get that error:
That new task is only present on 24H2 26100.712 and above that were upgraded from previous 23H2 R.P. Build 22631.3668 or Beta 22635.3646, it is not present on a clean install of 26100.560+.
The task has now been added also on public Build 22631.3672 on May 29,2024.
It looks to me that they just forgot to update the PcaSvc.dll Version 26100 and above to include the entry to support this new task PcaWallpaperAppDetect that was carried over from previous 23H2 Insider Builds.
That seems to explain why it gets that error message only if it is an upgrade from older 23H2 insider Builds that have this task PcaWallpaperAppDetect in task scheduler.
I don't get the error on a clean install of 24H2, nor that task in Task scheduler.
Same logic with Canary Builds. 😉🤷♂️
Now FBH has a collection on this bug. 😎