Thanks fg,
Upvoted and comment added.
Regards,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?
Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.
Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
What failed win32kfull.sys
I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.
Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.
Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks fg,
Upvoted and comment added.
Regards,
I'm not 100% sure yet but apparently this bug affects only Windows Pro version and VMs 🤷♂️
I did encounter the error trying to clean install a VM ot top of a running Pro but not from USB media which automatically defaults to Home, the original factory version on this test laptop.
I will download a new ISO exclusive Home version from UUPdump to try a VM again, stand by...
Thanks fg,
Upvoted and comment added.
Regards,
Thanks Johnny,
Apparently, the BSOD can happen in different spots, depending on the environment.
When exactly did you get the error?
I'm not 100% sure yet but apparently this bug affects Windows Pro version only and VMs
I did encounter the error trying to clean install a VM ot top of a running Pro but not from USB media which automatically defaults to Home, the original factory version on this test laptop.
I will download a new ISO exclusive Home version from UUPdump to try a VM again, stand by...
Hi Sibro,
I'm not on VM, I got the BSOD on real machines, either supported or unsupported.
After you press Shift + F10 type regedit and try to open one of the Keys that show up. I was trying to get to the Setup key.
For me it crashed when trying to open any of the registry keys. 🤷♂️
As for the MS ISO, I extract only one edition, in my case Pro, so that the install.wim is less than 4GiB and can fit on a FAT32 media. 😉
After you press Shift + F10 type regedit and try to open one of the Keys that show up.
I can't try that on VM, I get the error after shift + f10, but I'll give it a try on next restart.
I don't get the error on the laptop from USB media (screenshot above),
only on a Pro VM from firmware.