BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T20:25:14+00:00

    I'm not 100% sure yet but apparently this bug affects only Windows Pro version and VMs 🤷‍♂️

    I did encounter the error trying to clean install a VM ot top of a running Pro but not from USB media which automatically defaults to Home, the original factory version on this test laptop.

    I will download a new ISO exclusive Home version from UUPdump to try a VM again, stand by...

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-20T20:20:47+00:00

    Thanks fg,

    Upvoted and comment added.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T20:03:19+00:00

    @Johnny_55, @CrazyKats,

    Here is the link to the FBH report:

    https://aka.ms/AAifr0h

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T19:12:47+00:00

    FG please file the issue in the FBH and share the link for others.

    I was preparing it, just did not have the time to finish yet, I'm updating other Beta Builds right now, I'll share the link when it is done. 😉

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-20T19:02:31+00:00

    Hey fg,

    You should file this to FBH, I will upvote. You are more than welcome to use my pic from a compliant vm on a clean install. That is why the pic is so clear.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments