BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T18:28:24+00:00

    Hey fg, Sibro,

    Today created ISO 25227.1010.221016-2040.RS_PRERELEASE_FLT_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US from uup files from dump. I had converted to install.esd and this image did total clean install on non-compliant vm offline successfully.

    I have no explanations at all on this one. The vm is up and running, Go figure.

    Regards,

    Hi Johnny,

    Sounds good, I was going to try today downloading again from uup-dump, things get updated from the MS servers and they may have fixed the bug.

    Last one I got from uup-dump yesterday was still failing the same as the official MS ISO.

    I'll try a new download from uup-dump and see if things are changed. 😎

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-21T18:13:00+00:00

    Hey fg, Sibro,

    Today created ISO 25227.1010.221016-2040.RS_PRERELEASE_FLT_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US from uup files from dump. I had converted to install.esd and this image did total clean install on non-compliant vm offline successfully.

    I have no explanations at all on this one. The vm is up and running, Go figure.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T03:55:39+00:00

    Clearly if you don't have the scroll bar on the right for this screen that does not apply.

    On the laptop using official ISO, I connected 2 USB drives to have the scroll bar.

    I can confirm I have the error in this situation.

    I should clear the air and tell you why I sounded testy earlier.

    Whenever I post about an issue, you hardly ever show up to confirm. When you post one, I'm always there to test but then you always seem to doubt my findings or find excuses to downplay them.

    Perhaps I should stay away and let Johnny be the only one because I don't see anybody else interested on testing your issues.

    I never doubt what you see, but that doesn't mean that I have to see the same on my machines. 🀣

    There are so many variables and different machines, and that is why the results may be different.

    Also, ISOs downloaded from uup-dump may change from one day to the next or from hour to hour because they pull the files from servers that are constantly updating.

    After I got the same failure with both MS official ISO and uup-dump ISO I concentrated on isolating the bugs on the official one from MS.

    No other reason. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T03:34:45+00:00

    Clearly if you don't have the scroll bar on the right for this screen that does not apply.

    On the laptop using official ISO, I connected 2 USB drives to have the scroll bar.

    I can confirm I have the error in this situation.

    I should clear the air and tell you why I sounded testy earlier.

    Whenever I post about an issue, you hardly ever show up to confirm. When you post one, I'm always there to test but then you always seem to doubt my findings or find excuses to downplay them.

    Perhaps I should stay away and let Johnny be the only one because I don't see anybody else interested on testing your issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T02:35:32+00:00

    Most users may not do Shift + F10 but scrolling to pick the drive is pretty common and that crashes too.

    Is never a big impact if it does not affect you. 🀣🀣🀣

    That is not the point.

    It is a new bug that MS just added in this Build, they need to fix it. 😝😝🀐🀐

    If you need to scroll to pick a drive you're most likely clean installing.

    I could be wrong but it doesn't affect you either, you didn't need to clean install did you?

    I didn't say otherwise.

    Yes, I said from the beginning that the problem is with Clean Install, I did not have any issue using it for upgrades.

    I tried clean install to check out the "Smart App Control" set to Evaluation mode in windows security. That is when I found the BSOD bug.

    Smart App Control cannot be turned to Evaluation unless you do a clean install.

    It is set to Off on upgraded machines and the other 2 options are grayed out. 🀣🀣🀣

    What is Smart App Control? (microsoft.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments