BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T08:02:20+00:00

    Looks like they are propagating the bugs to the other builds, but they seem to forget to propagate the fixes. 🤣🤣

    I have not seen that BSOD on 22623 because normally I don't use a third-party utility for backup and restore.

    Hi fg,

    Maybe not.

    I think it goes much deeper, something to do with the latest WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) thus affecting latest builds.

    I will give the old Windows Image Backup program a go myself if this problem continues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T07:49:40+00:00

    Hi fg,

    I just found out the hard way that this bug is also present on Beta 22623.875 as well.

    Not while clean installing but trying to backup my build using Acronis True Image. I had to scroll down to select my destination drive and boom! BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with error win32kfull.sys

    This didn't happen before with my previous Acronis recovery pendrive. It was using an older version of WinPE or WinRE or something but this one is new, I made it today with the latest release of Acronis.

    Also, when installing this newer version of Acronis in order to make the recovery pendrive, I got an error about drivers not being compatible, not sure if that it is also a factor.

    Now I have to restore Windows 10 in order to make a new recovery pendrive with an older version of Acronis which was working fine on every build.

    Hi Sibro,

    Looks like they are propagating the bugs to the other builds, but they seem to forget to propagate the fixes. 🤣🤣

    I have not seen that BSOD on 22623 because normally I don't use a third-party utility for backup and restore.

    I still use the old Windows Image Backup program which luckily still works fine for me.

    I got tired of maintaining third-party backup utilities. I have Macrium Backup installed and up to date, but I rarely use it.

    I just use a standard Windows Installation media on a USB flash drive when I need to do a restore of a Windows Image Backup that I create with the old MS utility.

    If I restore an image with the same base build number that is already installed on the box, I just go to recovery mode to start the image restore from there.

    If it is a completely different Build number, I boot from the installation media and start the image restore from there.

    Perhaps I should try tomorrow downloading a full ISO for 22623.875 to see if it has the same bugs of Dev Builds 25227 and 25231. 😎😎

    MS acknowledged the bug on the 25231 Blog, but no info for Beta, because they did not make a new official ISO for that yet. 🤷‍♂️

    • [NEW] When using the latest ISO to install the Dev Channel build, you might get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bugcheck citing an error with win32kfull.sys. We’re working on a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T04:02:03+00:00

    Hi fg,

    I just found out the hard way that this bug is also present on Beta 22623.875 as well.

    Not while clean installing but trying to backup my build using Acronis True Image. I had to scroll down to select my destination drive and boom! BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with error win32kfull.sys

    This didn't happen before with my previous Acronis recovery pendrive. It was using an older version of WinPE or WinRE or something but this one is new, I made it today with the latest release of Acronis.

    Also, when installing this newer version of Acronis in order to make the recovery pendrive, I got an error about drivers not being compatible, not sure if that it is also a factor.

    Now I have to restore Windows 10 in order to make a new recovery pendrive with an older version of Acronis which was working fine on every build.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments