BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T21:18:57+00:00

    It's a long shot, only difference I used Pro only, created ISO with wimlib but converted to install.esd. It should not make a difference, but one never knows :-)

    If I have time over the weekend, will check out few more scenarios.

    Have a great weekend fg.

    Regards,

    Hi Johnny,

    Here is my workaround for the BSOD bug on the clean install.

    It worked fine with both fully compliant and non-compliant boxes.

    I just took the 25217 ISO and replaced the install.wim in the Sources folder with the one from 25227 ISO.

    I could install 25227 system without any crash for BSOD or any other errors. πŸ‘

    This below was a clean install of 25227 on a legacy BIOS laptop, and everything came up fine. 🀣

    Now we'll see how long we have to wait for MS to fix the BSOD bug.

    Maybe on next build, who knows? 😎😎

    Have a nice weekend.

    Image

    I can also now see Smart App Control set to valuation, which requires a clean install. πŸ‘Œ

    Image

    Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview

    Version 22H2

    Installed on β€Ž10/β€Ž21/β€Ž2022

    OS build 25227.1010

    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25227.1010.0

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-21T20:09:21+00:00

    It's a long shot, only difference I used Pro only, created ISO with wimlib but converted to install.esd. It should not make a difference, but one never knows :-)

    If I have time over the weekend, will check out few more scenarios.

    Have a great weekend fg.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T19:57:30+00:00

    Hi Johnny,

    No luck here.

    I just downloaded from uup-dump and created this ISO on 10/21/2022 at 12:36 PM Pacific time.

    Still getting the same BSOD exactly like the official MS ISO. 😝

    At this point I will just wait for the next Build and see what happens. 😎

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T18:28:24+00:00

    Hey fg, Sibro,

    Today created ISO 25227.1010.221016-2040.RS_PRERELEASE_FLT_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US from uup files from dump. I had converted to install.esd and this image did total clean install on non-compliant vm offline successfully.

    I have no explanations at all on this one. The vm is up and running, Go figure.

    Regards,

    Hi Johnny,

    Sounds good, I was going to try today downloading again from uup-dump, things get updated from the MS servers and they may have fixed the bug.

    Last one I got from uup-dump yesterday was still failing the same as the official MS ISO.

    I'll try a new download from uup-dump and see if things are changed. 😎

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-21T18:13:00+00:00

    Hey fg, Sibro,

    Today created ISO 25227.1010.221016-2040.RS_PRERELEASE_FLT_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US from uup files from dump. I had converted to install.esd and this image did total clean install on non-compliant vm offline successfully.

    I have no explanations at all on this one. The vm is up and running, Go figure.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments