BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T01:56:26+00:00

    Maybe when you downloaded again the home edition from uup-dump the code has been changed in the MS servers, who knows they change those files all the time.

    Maybe, really no need to speculate any further.

    Besides, regular users hardly ever clean install or use Shift + F10 so no big of an impact.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T01:41:34+00:00

    That could be the reason why MS did not catch the problem. It seems to require some unusual conditions to hit the bug.

    IDK what to tell you, I can't reproduce the error using Home Edition, only with Pro Edition on both the laptop and on a VM, the proof is on the screenshots.

    Maybe when you downloaded again the home edition from uup-dump the code has been changed in the MS servers, who knows they change those files all the time.

    I'm now using the original MS official ISO and get the exact same failure with either Home or Pro editions.

    Also, I found an easier way to get the error by simply trying to scroll on this screen as I mentioned on previous post.

    Pretty consistent with either Home or Pro. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Clearly if you don't have the scroll bar on the right for this screen that does not apply. 🀣🀣🀣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T01:24:45+00:00

    That could be the reason why MS did not catch the problem. It seems to require some unusual conditions to hit the bug.

    IDK what to tell you, I can't reproduce the error using Home Edition, only with Pro Edition on both the laptop and on a VM, the proof is on the screenshots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T01:11:31+00:00

    Hi Sibro,

    I just tried with the Home edition only, extracted from the original MS multi-edition ISO.

    Used a fully compliant Desktop DELL XPS 8940, booted from the USB and did the same sequence that I tried before, it crashed with the BSOD exactly the same way as the Pro edition. As I try to select a key in the registry it just crashes with the same BSOD as reported earlier.

    I also saw a different case getting the same BSOD every time just trying to scroll on the selection for the drive where to install windows.

    Note that in my case I can always reproduce the BSOD if I attempt to modify the registry after Shift + F10 and "regedit".

    If I just follow the normal install procedure it proceeds normally to completion with either Home or Pro and no errors at all.

    That could be the reason why MS did not catch the problem. It seems to require some unusual conditions to hit the bug.

    For Johnny and yourself, VM seems to be the variable, in my case it is just the editing of the registry or scrolling on the selection for the drive, but the end result is the same BSOD. πŸ˜πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    I was not expecting a different result with Home versus Pro at this stage, given that is not even installed yet.

    The screwup must be in the common setup regardless of which edition I try to install. 😎

    Here is the other case, I mentioned above, I get the BSOD reproduced consistently just trying to scroll to select the drive partition where to install.

    Note that if I select the drive partition directly without scrolling, the bug does not happen, and I can go on formatting and installing. 🀣

    You may not even have the scroll bar in your system if you don't have many disks with multiple partitions. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T23:19:34+00:00

    On the laptop screen that you showed earlier type regedit in the command prompt, then try opening a key.

    Looking more and more like a Pro version only bug

    This on a VM using UUPdump ISO Home version only, no error.

    Hi Sibro,

    It is easy for me to try Home Edition only on the same fully compliant machine that is failing with Pro and see if it makes any difference.

    I'll extract the Home edition only from the MS ISO and then try again.

    I'll let you know when I'm done with the test. 😎

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments