On the laptop screen that you showed earlier type regedit in the command prompt, then try opening a key.
Looking more and more like a Pro version only bug
This on a VM using UUPdump ISO Home version only, no error.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?
Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.
Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
What failed win32kfull.sys
I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.
Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.
Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
On the laptop screen that you showed earlier type regedit in the command prompt, then try opening a key.
Sorry for the delay, I had visitors and had to stop the test.
Anyway, this is on the laptop from USB media with official ISO
I'm working on a clean install VM with Home version only ISO, stand by...
Apparently, the BSOD can happen in different spots, depending on the environment.
When exactly did you get the error?
BSOD occurred either right away or the furthest I got was to choose what version I wanted to use, picked Pro and it crashed. I was using the full install.wim. I had not converted to install.esd.
Regards,
OK thanks,
I did not convert to .esd either.
In my case I just extracted the single edition install.wim for Pro from the MS original ISO, that way it is smaller the 4GiB when I create the FAT32 installation media.
For the second ISO downloaded from uup-dump it was already a single edition for Pro and no need to change anything.
Anyway, both got the same exact BSOD problem, but apparently at a different point than where you got it.
Apparently, the BSOD can happen in different spots, depending on the environment.
When exactly did you get the error?
BSOD occurred either right away or the furthest I got was to choose what version I wanted to use, picked Pro and it crashed. I was using the full install.wim. I had not converted to install.esd.
Regards,
After you press Shift + F10 type regedit and try to open one of the Keys that show up.
I can't try that on VM, I get the error after shift + f10, but I'll give it a try on next restart.
I don't get the error on the laptop from USB media (screenshot above),
only on a Pro VM from firmware.
On the laptop screen that you showed earlier type regedit in the command prompt, then try opening a key.