BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-04T03:55:45+00:00

    Hi fg,

    On a clean install of 25236, as previously established, there's no error unless clicking the scroll bar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T02:32:24+00:00

    Verified that we still have the same bug with Build 25236.

    As per Blog, MS still working on that issue. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T23:08:35+00:00

    I just tried the 22623.875 ISO just downloaded from uup-dump and that is still good, could not reproduce the BSOD I get on Dev 25231.

    Perhaps they did not pick up the bug yet. πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    We'll see what happens with next Dev build next week. 😎

    Good news. πŸ‘

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T20:17:26+00:00

    Looks like they are propagating the bugs to the other builds, but they seem to forget to propagate the fixes. 🀣🀣

    I have not seen that BSOD on 22623 because normally I don't use a third-party utility for backup and restore.

    Hi fg,

    Maybe not.

    I think it goes much deeper, something to do with the latest WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) thus affecting latest builds.

    I will give the old Windows Image Backup program a go myself if this problem continues.

    I just tried the 22623.875 ISO just downloaded from uup-dump and that is still good, could not reproduce the BSOD I get on Dev 25231.

    Perhaps they did not pick up the bug yet. πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    We'll see what happens with next Dev build next week. 😎

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments