"...I can say it's not the temperature because I just applied a new paste about 8 months ago. So, the paste is good. ..."
Hi.
This is a fairly new laptop, I believe, and you say you replenished the thermal paste.
Why did you apply a new thermal paste ? What was the reason ? Did you have an overheating phenomenon before ?
Anyway, do you have any third party antimalware installed ?
How did you upgrade to Windows 11 ? Were you on the Windows Insider Program before or did you download Windows 11 from unofficial sources ?
Hope this helps.
Hi,
You're right. I bought this laptop back in 2019. The reason why I replenished the thermal because I had this freezing and black screen issue ever since Windows 10 version 1909. Previous versions were running just fine until version 1909. Since then, any update that was rolled out didn't fix the issue at all. At first, I thought the issue will be fixed after an update was pushed out. But, no. It didn't fix it at all. So, that's when I decided to send it back to the store where I bought it and had them see if there's any issue with the hardware. The first time I sent it back to the store was because there was an issue with the screen. The backlight was dead so they replaced the screen and everything was good. Few months later, Windows 1909 came out and I updated my laptop as usual and I have issues since then.
After multiple times of uninstalling and reinstalling Windows, I decided to send it back for the second time. The store reinstalled a fresh windows for me and within 48 hours, the issue came back. So, I sent it back again for the 3rd time. This time, I asked them to double check on the hardware like the motherboard, battery etc. Nothing was wrong and they tried reinstall Windows again. That same week, the issue came back. So I decided to fix it myself. Since I do a little bit of gaming, I'm thinking, maybe the paste had dried up. That's why I decided to repaste it. At this point, I just try everything I could because I wasn't sure what was the actual problem. I even bought a new battery just in case. But didn't fix it either.
I don't have any third party anti-malware installed. Just the Windows 10 Defender. I mostly game on my laptop and all the games I downloaded are from legit websites. I paid for those games.
I did sign up for the Windows Insider Program and it was my first time and that's how I got Windows 11. I didn't download it from any other website. I got Windows 11 after checking for windows update in Settings.
I have just reset my laptop back to Windows 10 version 21H1 and within 10 minutes, it froze again and I had to reboot it. At this point I am completely lost because I don't know what the problem is now.