Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders

MartMcd 2,670 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-12-08T21:18:50+00:00

Today Microsoft are beginning to roll out an update to the Snipping Tool app (version 11.2211.35.0) for Windows 11 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.

This update introduces a built-in screen recorder.

Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T06:07:03+00:00

    I finally got the new snipping tool on the old non-compliant Laptop, but not on any of the compliant machines.

    Kudos!

    I don't have it on a clean install of 25267. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    I cannot say that I'm impressed.

    I see that it creates am .mp4 file, how do I post that in here? 😎

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T06:22:16+00:00

    I cannot say that I'm impressed.

    I see that it creates am .mp4 file, how do I post that in here? 😎

    Me neither. The resolution is awful and lack functionality.

    You can't, unless you convert it or they make changes to the forum, Bryce and I discussed that on the thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T06:31:13+00:00

    I cannot say that I'm impressed.

    I see that it creates am .mp4 file, how do I post that in here? 😎

    Me neither. The resolution is awful and lack functionality.

    You can't, unless you convert it or they make changes to the forum, Bryce and I discussed that on the thread.

    I guess we'll stick to S>G when we need it. 🀣🀣🀣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T13:49:05+00:00

    Split from this thread.

    Now this was a surprise. I finally got the new snipping tool on the old non-compliant Laptop, but not on any of the compliant machines. 🀣🀣

    Go figure the MS logic. πŸ€πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Microsoft.ScreenSketch Microsoft.ScreenSketch_11.2211.35.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    Image

    Image

    It looks like it saves an .mp4 file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T23:25:52+00:00

    On 12/15/2022 I just got the new snipping tool on the 2 fully compliant Desktops. It sure took several days for MS to let me have it. πŸ€£πŸ€πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

    Now let see what we can actually do with it. 😎

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments