Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders

MartMcd 2,670 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-12-08T21:18:50+00:00

Today Microsoft are beginning to roll out an update to the Snipping Tool app (version 11.2211.35.0) for Windows 11 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.

This update introduces a built-in screen recorder.

Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-12-09T21:09:17+00:00

    Yes I discovered that as well about .mp4.

    At least its working now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T21:15:08+00:00

    Typical MS, it takes them forever to implement desirable or highly requested features and when they do,

    they either don't work properly or lack functionality, i.e. Explorer Tabs. 😒

    The old Windows 7 screen recorder was 10 times better than this wannabe.🤣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. CrazyKats 19,840 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-12-14T15:39:11+00:00

    This version that I just got in the Store is working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-14T17:29:42+00:00

    This version that I just got in the Store is working.

    It worked for me too after updating to 25262 (see previous post)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T05:59:25+00:00

    I finally got the new snipping tool on the old non-compliant Laptop, but not on any of the compliant machines.

    Kudos!

    I don't have it on a clean install of 25267. 🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments