Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders

MartMcd 2,670 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-12-08T21:18:50+00:00

Today Microsoft are beginning to roll out an update to the Snipping Tool app (version 11.2211.35.0) for Windows 11 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.

This update introduces a built-in screen recorder.

Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T20:32:43+00:00

    I take it you have tried repair etc

    Yes I had with build 25252, it's working now after updating to 25262

    Unfortunately, the forum doesn't accept .mp4 extension in order to upload the animation.

    I'll keep using ScreenToGif 😁

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T20:20:20+00:00

    I'm in NZ and have it 😊

    Clearly it is another stupid screwup from MS. 🀣🀣🀐

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-12-09T20:14:58+00:00

    I take it you have tried repair etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-12-09T20:13:19+00:00

    I'm in NZ and have it 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T19:14:57+00:00

    Edit. Is it just for US/Canada...?

    Davy.

    I'm in the US, still no sign of the new Snipping Tool on any of my machines. 🀣🀐

    Perhaps you require,

    πŸ˜‰πŸ€£ Davy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments