Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-23T21:47:06+00:00

    We have to wait for an update from him which maybe in a week or two.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-08-27T23:47:08+00:00

    Hi timleeshue

    Did you get this sorted at all? I have been wondering about this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-08T13:52:08+00:00

    Hi,

    I solved this issue for an Asus Flipbook. I have exactly the same problem as timeleeshue:

    Driver pnp watchdog screen

    No access to safe mode because of the same, it shows this screen again while loading

    And also window kit via USB wouldn’t work as this didn’t find the hard drive in any window 10 0r. 11. I even included the drivers for the hard drive and nothing worked. What I did is the following and I hope helps as this is frustrating!

    Access to the BIOS - turn on and off 3 or more times until you have access to the options there. Then go to advance settings and once there, disable the intel rapid storage technology option. You have to change the option to disable first and then go and click disable, it would get stuck for some minutes configuring and updating this. Then save and restart again. Turn on and off to access to the safe environment, blue screen with the options and troubleshooting etc. Before this didn’t work because you wound end up in the same sad face screen with the driver pnp…message. This time the options there would work and you will have the option to reset you computer without losing your files. Reset go through the process and that’s it. It took me many hours to figure this out, but I hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments