Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T14:35:59+00:00

    Thanks. Tried that a few times. no luck, unfortunately. Same Watchdog error & looping

    YW.

    Please try again using the newer driver from the link Bryce posted earlier F6flpy-x64 - VMD.zip

    edit: never mind, you used the latest driver.

    Did you try using W10 MCT?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T14:52:12+00:00

    Ha. Aye. Tried both W11 & W10 MCT's.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T15:32:46+00:00

    Ha. Aye. Tried both W11 & W10 MCT's.

    You'll have to find a way to test this drive, otherwise is futile to keep trying.

    Maybe use another PC if available or take the laptop to a PC repair shop and have it tested.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T16:25:28+00:00

    Apparently there is a new bios version available, have you tried it?

    Zenbook 13 UX325 (11th Gen Intel)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-22T22:44:57+00:00

    Can you tell us which operating system is installed? do you know the build number? Is the system Insider install or public release?

    EDIT: sorry you are on Insider so do you know the build version?

    Can you check all the setting in the bios to do with VMD and check your bios is running UEFI, if your setting are different can you post a picture of them please.

    Image

    Your picture above about rebuilding is normal if say a power cut or power switch is turned off and once power is restored.

    Image

    I downloaded the 11th and 12th Generation Platform and once extracted ended up with these files, if you added them to the Windows install USB (install the extracted folder complete) or just load the drivers using the USB stick they should be laid out like this. I would select the system driver but if you select the wrong one I don't think it comes up or shows, its been a while since I had to load drivers this way.. If it does work stop when it shows the hard drive and decide whether to clean install or repair, loading the right driver should only take a few seconds for it to work.

    Image

    At this stage I would not try to update the bios as you might make the problem worse.

    The reason you must load the driver this way is to make a bridge between the bios and Windows.

    Hopefully the SSD will show up in this Window

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments