Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T08:14:35+00:00

    You want VMD enabled in the bios, also you want VMD drivers and make sure its for the SSD H10 series, all my links are but always worth checking*.*

    He already used the instructions and VMD drivers from the links I posted on page one, the drive was recognized but then he got the same error.

    Either he is doing something wrong or the drive is bad or has errors.

    edit:

    Suggest he restores the laptop to the original Windows 10 factory state using an official image if available and then upgrade to Windows 11, or he can try to install W10 using the MCT and then upgrade to W11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-21T00:07:20+00:00

    How did you get on?

    Sibro, He can't see the hard drive so how can he repair it. As far as I can tell Windows Update removed the driver between the bios and Windows so there is a disconnect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T00:25:17+00:00

    Sibro, He can't see the hard drive so how can he repair it.

    As far as I can tell Windows Update removed the driver between the bios and Windows so there is a disconnect.

    I know, I didn't say anything about a repair but now that you mention it, there must be a way to test and/or repair these drives. I don't have one so IDK, maybe Intel has a utility that can be run from a USB or something.

    I agree that there is a disconnect but we don't know for sure that Windows is the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-21T01:02:19+00:00

    There is an Intel tool but only from Windows, I need to check if you can be done from USB after booting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T08:34:30+00:00

    Thanks. If this can't be fixed with your help, do you think Microsoft would offer some sort of compensation? At the moment it looks like their update that has caused it.

    Still no joy. I'll be away next week, so if not fixed by Friday; I might "go dark" for a few days. I really do appreciate all the help in here, though. Never knew the community would be so helpful & responsive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments