Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-19T08:13:26+00:00

    Do you know the bios version that is installed on your laptop?

    I would leave VMD enabled if that what is was before you started having this problem.

    In the bios under SSD drives can you take a picture of the options please

    When you installed the driver which driver did you download?

    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (10th and 11th Gen Platforms)

    At this stage it's hard to say if your hardware is failing or Windows Update installed a driver that your system shouldn't have had installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T18:52:35+00:00

    Hi again. The BIOS version is 2.20.0049. I reverted everything back to the original settings, so VMD is enabled. I also used the drivers from that link (non-VMD)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T19:02:21+00:00

    Whoops. i forgot this one too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-19T23:58:34+00:00

    Thanks and it looks like the motherboard still seeing the harddrive which is good so hopefully it is Windows with the problem, I will do some reading tonight and see if I can help you get pass this problem, unless someone can solve this problem before I can get back.

    The Bios version is 312 so you have the latest and the number 2.20.0049 is the Bios Utility version, the program that you have taken the picture of, sort of confusing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-20T07:36:09+00:00

    "I also used the drivers from that link (non-VMD) "

    You want VMD enabled in the bios, also you want VMD drivers and make sure its for the SSD H10 series, all my links are but always worth checking*.*

    Your hard drive is **** Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid StateStorage and the driver for this is **** Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage ****

    read through this and let us know if any of it doesn't make sense Intel Optane Memory H Series Installation & User Guide

    I read the driver update which is supposed to have a fix for your DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error.

    Note

    The Intel® RST VMD driver should not be uninstalled/removed after installation. This could result in an Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen and potential data loss.

    VMD device is always enabled on a platform where VMD device is deployed. There is a possible configuration where VMD does not own any device. This is an empty VMD configuration. As a result of this, the RST VMD driver should always be installed on such a platform to avoid a yellow bang device in Window’s Device Manager

    use iastorVD file , have you used 7z or Windows by unzipping a file download as I would download the zipped package, extract to a USB stick so when you need to install the driver.

    Hopefully the harddrive will show up once this driver is installed

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments