Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T20:32:17+00:00

    The order of events were:

    1. Upgrade the OS
    2. Laptop requires a restart
    3. Driver PNP Watchdog Error
    4. Laptop tries to run auto-repair
    5. PNP Error Again
    6. Steps 2-5 loop around
    7. Tried to reinstall Windows using the MCT (loaded on to a USB drive)
    8. No drives found
    9. Try to install the drivers
    10. Process starts, then after about 5 minutes....
    11. Get either a Driver PNP Watchdog error, or an inaccessible boot device error (see below)
    12. Ensured the SSD is seated properly in the device. It is, and the drives are recognized correctly in the BIOS

    This is as far as I get. Absolutely no rush & thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-21T17:17:13+00:00

    I will write out what I would do to try and fix the problem, sometimes reading manuals can be bewildering.

    If running Insider builds there are no guarantees or compensation from Microsoft, sorry, we are volunteers on this forum trying to help so we don't work for Microsoft.

    It might take me a couple days to write out so don't give up.

    At what stage could you not progress or got an error, could you take a picture of the error please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T08:34:30+00:00

    Thanks. If this can't be fixed with your help, do you think Microsoft would offer some sort of compensation? At the moment it looks like their update that has caused it.

    Still no joy. I'll be away next week, so if not fixed by Friday; I might "go dark" for a few days. I really do appreciate all the help in here, though. Never knew the community would be so helpful & responsive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-21T01:02:19+00:00

    There is an Intel tool but only from Windows, I need to check if you can be done from USB after booting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments