There is an Intel tool but only from Windows, I need to check if you can be done from USB after booting
Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG
I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-21T00:25:17+00:00 Sibro, He can't see the hard drive so how can he repair it.
As far as I can tell Windows Update removed the driver between the bios and Windows so there is a disconnect.
I know, I didn't say anything about a repair but now that you mention it, there must be a way to test and/or repair these drives. I don't have one so IDK, maybe Intel has a utility that can be run from a USB or something.
I agree that there is a disconnect but we don't know for sure that Windows is the culprit.
-
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-21T00:07:20+00:00 How did you get on?
Sibro, He can't see the hard drive so how can he repair it. As far as I can tell Windows Update removed the driver between the bios and Windows so there is a disconnect.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-20T08:14:35+00:00 You want VMD enabled in the bios, also you want VMD drivers and make sure its for the SSD H10 series, all my links are but always worth checking*.*
He already used the instructions and VMD drivers from the links I posted on page one, the drive was recognized but then he got the same error.
Either he is doing something wrong or the drive is bad or has errors.
edit:
Suggest he restores the laptop to the original Windows 10 factory state using an official image if available and then upgrade to Windows 11, or he can try to install W10 using the MCT and then upgrade to W11.
-
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-07-20T07:36:09+00:00 "I also used the drivers from that link (non-VMD) "
You want VMD enabled in the bios, also you want VMD drivers and make sure its for the SSD H10 series, all my links are but always worth checking*.*
Your hard drive is **** Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid StateStorage and the driver for this is **** Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage ****
read through this and let us know if any of it doesn't make sense Intel Optane Memory H Series Installation & User Guide
I read the driver update which is supposed to have a fix for your DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error.
Note
The Intel® RST VMD driver should not be uninstalled/removed after installation. This could result in an Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen and potential data loss.
VMD device is always enabled on a platform where VMD device is deployed. There is a possible configuration where VMD does not own any device. This is an empty VMD configuration. As a result of this, the RST VMD driver should always be installed on such a platform to avoid a yellow bang device in Window’s Device Manager
use iastorVD file , have you used 7z or Windows by unzipping a file download as I would download the zipped package, extract to a USB stick so when you need to install the driver.
Hopefully the harddrive will show up once this driver is installed