Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2022-07-17T07:57:13+00:00

I have an Asus Zenbook. After/during the latest Windows 11 update, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I get Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD, and sometimes INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can't get to the recovery environment, although BIOS is still working.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-19T23:58:34+00:00

    Thanks and it looks like the motherboard still seeing the harddrive which is good so hopefully it is Windows with the problem, I will do some reading tonight and see if I can help you get pass this problem, unless someone can solve this problem before I can get back.

    The Bios version is 312 so you have the latest and the number 2.20.0049 is the Bios Utility version, the program that you have taken the picture of, sort of confusing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T19:02:21+00:00

    Whoops. i forgot this one too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T18:52:35+00:00

    Hi again. The BIOS version is 2.20.0049. I reverted everything back to the original settings, so VMD is enabled. I also used the drivers from that link (non-VMD)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-07-19T08:13:26+00:00

    Do you know the bios version that is installed on your laptop?

    I would leave VMD enabled if that what is was before you started having this problem.

    In the bios under SSD drives can you take a picture of the options please

    When you installed the driver which driver did you download?

    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (10th and 11th Gen Platforms)

    At this stage it's hard to say if your hardware is failing or Windows Update installed a driver that your system shouldn't have had installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T19:14:14+00:00

    Thanks. That got me a little further, but i ran into the same error 5 minutes after starting the driver installation. Even when i disable VMD, the only drive recognized is the USB drive.

    I really do appreciate the help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments