Edge Side Bar

Anonymous
2022-08-12T12:54:19+00:00

Split from this thread.

Interesting observation: In Dev IB, the Edge Bar has an Auto Hide (collapse). In Win11, the Edge Bar does not have said feature. Big (1st) snip is Dev IB; small (2nd) one is Win11. Same versions of Edge, btw.

Image

Image

Cheers,
Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5346b8d6-7b56-407f-aef9-7638accb4716?platform=QnA

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T03:33:02+00:00

    Edge GA updated today, August 19th. It, now, DOES HAVE the Sidebar! What is interesting, unlike Edge Dev & Canary, GA STILL has the Edge Bar. So, currently, Edge GA has both, while Edge Dev & Canary have just the Sidebar.

    NB: I had suggested it would come to GA when it went to 105. Obviously, it came sooner than that.

    Keep Edge Up to Date - Microsoft Community

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/892f94f5-6844-4ade-b8ec-0398694d67e5?platform=QnA

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/927df82e-6f88-4afc-80cb-63589f1bd1fb?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T04:15:00+00:00

    That IS the same as what I have with Edge GA that I thought you were calling "old".

    Dev & Canary have the Sidebar, instead, it seems, as they don't have the (Launch) Edge Bar, anywhere.

    Good joke, also. As was stated, everything I have is the latest, Edge & Builds.

    Thought I had made this all quite clear. I trust it is, now.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/fe7f290e-9158-4ef4-8f50-c763adedb246?platform=QnA

    Look at the picture again, that is not the original Edge bar on the right side of the desktop. 🤣🤣

    Now it opens up this search slot you see on the shot below in the middle of the desktop and the 3 dots open the menu showing on the side.

    The old Edge bar is gone.

    You will catch up eventually. 😎Image

    Old Edge bar:

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T04:28:40+00:00

    NB: I had suggested it would come to GA when it went to 105. Obviously, it came sooner than that.

    You missed the fact that I had that already on GA last week, with 104.0.1293.54.

    Today GA went to .63 and there is no difference from last week. 😎😎

    Looks like you are a week behind. 🤣🤣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T04:31:05+00:00

    I don't need to look, again.

    One only has that IF they select Search Only Layout.

    Image

    IF, instead, one selects Vertical Layout they have this 👇, which in Edge Dev & or Canary can be collapsed.

    Image

    I don't need to catch up eventually. I am, already, caught up 😊

    What you are calling "the old Edge Bar" is NOT GONE from Edge GA. Edge Dev & Canary don't have it, at all, not even the Search Only Layout.

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/eeff1926-846b-4edc-8598-5116c0d9dfe4?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T04:39:14+00:00

    Compare the pictures they are not the same. The top is the new format. Different menu too. No vertical layout. 😎

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments