Edge Side Bar

Anonymous
2022-08-12T12:54:19+00:00

Split from this thread.

Interesting observation: In Dev IB, the Edge Bar has an Auto Hide (collapse). In Win11, the Edge Bar does not have said feature. Big (1st) snip is Dev IB; small (2nd) one is Win11. Same versions of Edge, btw.

Image

Image

Cheers,
Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5346b8d6-7b56-407f-aef9-7638accb4716?platform=QnA

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T05:27:28+00:00

    Understood. How bizarre❗

    You'll like this πŸ˜‰ I, also, put Edge Dev & Canary in my Dev IB. Canary is fine with the Sidebar, BUT Dev has it, but it is blank, no icons & Customise has nothing to select, either, except a πŸ‘ & aπŸ‘Ž for "How do you like it?" 🀣 Both Dev & Canary in Win11 have it all. Sound familiar to you? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

    BTW, I do like the Tools feature in it πŸ‘πŸ‘

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6f27236e-15dc-483b-b193-fb8257505976?platform=QnA

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/f7c77644-ba68-4b68-a9dc-284452641c62?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T02:06:32+00:00

    Drew,

    Even more strange, on 2 different Machines with Dev Build 25179 both with GA Edge 104.0.1293.54

    One has the "Show sidebar" option, the other one has not.

    Yet if I use Beta Edge on either machine, (104.0.1293.44) they both behave the same way with the Show sidebar option present on both boxes. 🀣🀣

    The old floating Edge bar on the right of the desktop which I have on the public build, is not available on both boxes with 25179, regardless of which EDGE version I use. 😎😎😎😎.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T01:23:03+00:00

    Oh, I thought the differences you were seeing were in different channels. Within the same ones, that is strange, indeed. Certainly, should the same on different machines. I still want to look at Dev & Canary & see what I find. But my Edge (GA) is the same in Win11 & the Dev IB.

    Status report:

    Dev IB or Win11 is irrelevant as this is the same in both. I have the Show sidebar toggle in both Canary & Dev with the strip of feature icons (no need for pictures), you know to what I refer. I will suggest it is likely to be in Edge GA when it goes to 105 which is what Dev is now; Canary is 106s. GA is 104s, currently, as you know.

    Consistent & no surprise(s). But since in BOTH Canary AND Dev, it's likely to arrive in GA, soon. Quite a cool addition to Edge, actually. Thanks for making me aware of it. That's what I get for not messing with Dev & Canary for a while.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d55fc5a5-89c5-4da0-858a-94f0765e3613?platform=QnA

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/883b19d8-b7c5-41c5-a7bd-301741cb5510?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T01:12:33+00:00

    Ok, then it's quite normal & ok that the 3 channels will each be different or have differences. Same as the Windows channels all having variations from each other at certain points in time.

    I'll fire up Edge Dev & Canary & see what there is.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    Drew,

    I expect Canary and Development to be different. 🀣🀣🀣

    But the Official Build should behave the same way on every machine.

    Instead, it behaves differently on every PC.

    Features enabled on one box and missing completely on the other with the exact same level of MS Edge 104.0.1293.54 and the same Windows public Build 22000.856.

    Are they just trying to confuse the Russians again? 🀐🀐🀐

    I hate inconsistency! 😝😝

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T00:52:27+00:00

    Ok, then it's quite normal & ok that the 3 channels will each be different or have differences. Same as the Windows channels all having variations from each other at certain points in time.

    I'll fire up Edge Dev & Canary & see what there is.

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/13fed3dd-3ac6-47cc-bb70-bbe164279a31?platform=QnA

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e761c08d-ee00-489c-adf0-97b66e60f38b?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments