Edge Side Bar

Anonymous
2022-08-12T12:54:19+00:00

Split from this thread.

Interesting observation: In Dev IB, the Edge Bar has an Auto Hide (collapse). In Win11, the Edge Bar does not have said feature. Big (1st) snip is Dev IB; small (2nd) one is Win11. Same versions of Edge, btw.

Image

Image

Cheers,
Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5346b8d6-7b56-407f-aef9-7638accb4716?platform=QnA

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T02:25:20+00:00

    Actually, I just caught that. Happened to move it about & discovered what causes it. Now I see why I was seeing it some places at some times. I thought something like that was behind it. A moment ago I caught on how to make it happen on purpose rather than 'accidents'. I wasn't using it big enough or shoving it against the right side. Anyway, what you've been saying makes sense, now, of course. And not weird anymore that Win11 & Dev seemed different.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/fffe8acb-0275-481f-8e5e-6c5d685a65f9?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T02:15:10+00:00

    Well, lookie here. This is Edge GA in Dev 25188. Has Sidebar & Edge Bar, the latter with controls on the right and including the collapse (hide) button.

    As opposed to Windows 11 wherein controls are on the left & no collapse button.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6f7535c6-7982-4a98-a82c-66b924ac6937?platform=QnA

    Drew,

    Looks like you still did not realize that you can change the position of the controls just by moving the Edge bar a tiny bit. 🤣

    This is Windows 11 22000.856 with GA Edge with the controls on the right that include the collapse button.

    See the difference in the 2 pictures below on same windows 11 system.

    Second picture is the same system and same Edge version just moving the Edge bar away a bit from the right side of the desktop, the controls move to the left. 😎😎😎

    I think it is the clock that you have on the right top corner that causes the change in the layout. 🤷‍♂️

    Try dragging the Edge bar all the way to the right it may change the desktop completely and move your stuff around.

    It rearranges all my desktop when it open on the extreme right.

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T01:53:02+00:00

    Well, lookie here. This is Edge GA in Dev 25188. Has Sidebar & Edge Bar, the latter with controls on the right and including the collapse (hide) button.

    As opposed to Windows 11 wherein controls are on the left & no collapse button.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6f7535c6-7982-4a98-a82c-66b924ac6937?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T06:41:56+00:00

    Maybe it had an impact. And it did come with today's update to Edge GA.

    The release notes are mostly about its arrival.

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a247a9f0-5809-4fa3-9a27-1783ab15c089?platform=QnA

    No, it came before the update of GA Edge, my machines were still with the same version of Edge as it was last week 104.0.1293.54.

    The "Show sidebar" option just appeared on all boxes. 🤷‍♂️

    I have no idea how they roll out the new features on Edge.

    The update to 104.0.1293.63, came down later when I went to check for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T06:27:24+00:00

    Maybe it had an impact. And it did come with today's update to Edge GA.

    The release notes are mostly about its arrival.

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a247a9f0-5809-4fa3-9a27-1783ab15c089?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments