Edge Side Bar

Anonymous
2022-08-12T12:54:19+00:00

Split from this thread.

Interesting observation: In Dev IB, the Edge Bar has an Auto Hide (collapse). In Win11, the Edge Bar does not have said feature. Big (1st) snip is Dev IB; small (2nd) one is Win11. Same versions of Edge, btw.

Image

Image

Cheers,
Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5346b8d6-7b56-407f-aef9-7638accb4716?platform=QnA

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T06:15:54+00:00

    Well, it's cool (fitting) to see you laughing as this is becoming, at least, borderline comicalπŸ˜‚πŸ˜

    Originally the sidebar in Dev & Canary were fine & in Win11 they stayed that way, but...

    I hadn't mentioned that, for a while, in Dev IB, Edge Dev & Canary sort of had the sidebar, BUT with weird or missing icons... then went back to normal, now, though.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/08bce0ff-e100-4b1a-95cc-fc105ee989a5?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T05:50:41+00:00

    This was interesting.

    I just upgraded a laptop from 19044.1947 to 25188.1000.

    All 4 versions of Edge still had the Edge bar right after the upgrade was done.

    But when I started using Edge for a couple of minutes the Edge bar option disappeared on all 4 version of Edge, GA, Beta, Canary and Dev.

    Both the old style and the new style Edge bar are now gone. 🀣🀣🀣

    While the Edge sidebar is present on all 4. πŸ‘

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T03:11:41+00:00

    No & I am afraid I cannot make the water less muddy or mirky. My Win11 nor Dev have not changed. I, still, have, with Edge GA, Sidebar and Edge Bar in both.

    Edge Dev & Canary have Sidebar, but NO Edge Bar. And that is the same in Win11 & Dev IB.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2fa40529-553e-47bb-920d-dddc4ba99716?platform=QnA

    You should get another real machine.

    VM behavior never seems to catch up. 🀣🀣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T02:56:48+00:00

    No & I am afraid I cannot make the water less muddy or mirky. My Win11 nor Dev have not changed. I, still, have, with Edge GA, Sidebar and Edge Bar in both.

    Edge Dev & Canary have Sidebar, but NO Edge Bar. And that is the same in Win11 & Dev IB.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2fa40529-553e-47bb-920d-dddc4ba99716?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T02:44:57+00:00

    Actually, I just caught that. Happened to move it about & discovered what causes it. Now I see why I was seeing it some places at some times. I thought something like that was behind it. A moment ago I caught on how to make it happen on purpose rather than 'accidents'. I wasn't using it big enough or shoving it against the right side. Anyway, what you've been saying makes sense, now, of course. And not weird anymore that Win11 & Dev seemed different.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/fffe8acb-0275-481f-8e5e-6c5d685a65f9?platform=QnA

    Even more different now, on my 25188 Edge bar is no longer present on any version of Edge.

    Completely gone, even the new format that did not have the Vertical layout, it is no longer available, but I can still get it on Windows 10. 🀣🀣

    Perhaps your 25188 on Hyper-V is still another variable causing the different behavior.

    On 25182 and 25188 Edge bar just disappeared completely on my machines.

    No idea how they decide the change in behavior from public Win 11 and Win 10 versus insider Dev Builds. 😎🀣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments