I had the same error, after disabling the services at Windows startup, I managed to install it successfully.
Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 (ge_release), Install error - 0xc1900101
Hi
As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.
I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome
here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4
So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.
Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-12T08:30:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-12T08:46:08+00:00 Hi Aminuddin
Could you please share the exact steps which you took to disable services so that i can try the same steps to update my system.
I hope you will respond.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-12T10:02:01+00:00 1 - msconfig,
2- service, hide all microsoft services
3- Disable all services.
4- restart
5- Run update again
-
Anonymous
2024-02-12T16:42:34+00:00 Hi Aminuddin
Thanks for sharing steps, I tried these steps and this time after 2 restarts screen just went and remained hung on blank screen only for next 2 hours. Then i force started machine using power button and again changed applied were undone and system restored to same version previous to this version. I am happy that you were able to update your machine but it failed for me. Let us see if someone is able to apply update using your steps. Fingers crossed
-
Anonymous
2024-02-13T11:43:09+00:00 Thanks for this, i tried it a few times, and no joy unfortunately! Nothing obvious in event viewer or anything...