First Step :: Checking your Device Manager specially Storage Controller.
Second Step :: Uninstall other vender Storage Controller leaving only Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller.
Final Step :: Re-updating Windows 11 26058.1000 build again.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.
I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome
here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4
So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.
Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am also having this problem - have updated all drivers and BIOS, still having the issue. Tried it about four times so far with no joy... I am also on the Dev Channel.
I am also on the Dev channel and the installation failed every time around 75% with a BSOD/GSOD. I disabled all 3rd party/non-Microsoft services using msconfig and the installation completed. I then reenabled all the disabled services and was again getting a BSOD at the login screen. Using safe mode, I selectively reenabled the services until narrowing down the issue to "Lighting Service" which is the service that controls the ASUS Aura LED lighting controls of my mainboard. I have now disabled the Lighting Service and strictly use OpenRGB to control my LED lighting and haven't had an issue since.
Hope this helps others.
Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 - Install error - 0xc1900101
Got the same on my machine for the past week, tried 6 times already, no luck.
I am on the Dev channel.
This exact thing happened to me, and I am on the dev channel. I am waiting to try updating again just in case.