If i removed that controller the system will not boot
Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 (ge_release), Install error - 0xc1900101
Hi
As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.
I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome
here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4
So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.
Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-27T12:11:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-27T09:38:17+00:00 Hi BryceSor
I don't have this file ($Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp)
-
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-02-27T06:31:52+00:00 Hi sahayaCB,
copy this $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp and post it in search, that will bring up the dump folder.
WinDbg is a microsoft program that reads and checks the dump file (debugger) but can still take a bit of computer knowledge to use.
Install WinDbg - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn
If you use OneDrive, zip the $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp and share a link here and I will have a look but can't promise I will find the actual cause.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-27T01:56:51+00:00 Hi PhilMontgomery2
Could you please share the exact steps which you took to remove so that i can try the same steps to update my system.
I hope you will respond.