Same issue.
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 (ge_release).
Hangs right after boot screen.
Can't find a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.
I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome
here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4
So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.
Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same issue.
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 (ge_release).
Hangs right after boot screen.
Can't find a solution.
I am having the same issue and tried everything in this thread. I still can't update to 1100. The folder "*$Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback*" exists for me but there is no .dmp file in there. I have plenty of other files in there such as setupact.log which tells me there was no crash experienced, but it is rolling back the installation for some unknown reason. I assume that .dmp file only gets created when the installation experiences a crash.
Also, the 2/22 update on the MS Insider Preview blog seems to indicate there are compatibility issues with Virtualization Based Security (VBS) if you have it enabled. I tried disabling VBS, but I still can't update.
Hi, I have 2 identical PC's hardware wise.
Asus 570-f, with Ryzen 5950 processors.
Both running Win11 and before this update both were up to date.
1 has taken the update, and one will not.
Both storage managers are the same on both PC's.
Any further suggestions to make the troublesome PC accept the update ??
Best regards, Martin.
P.S. I forgot one important bit ...
The PC on the BETA build has taken the update.
The PC on the DEV build has not.
Hi BryceSor
I don't have this file ($Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp)
It's in a hidden directory. Use file manager and under "View->Show" check the box to view hidden files.
I removed what was there and did a scan and MS generic NVM as well as MS storage controller got put back in.
Tried the preview update and same problem system hangs after bios circle.
Had to roll back preview yet again to get Windows to start.