Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 (ge_release), Install error - 0xc1900101

Anonymous
2024-02-09T20:17:55+00:00

Hi

As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.

I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome

here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4

So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.

Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T14:51:26+00:00

    this one also crashes whithout any meaningfull error message. At least in my case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T18:13:47+00:00

    RE: Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.

    I get can't access that page when logged in as my windows userid not sure if it's a regional thing or not (I'm in Canada).

    Hope they push this to the main windows update soon so it shows up in download and install. I've unchecked download updates for now so it doesn't re install 1100 again (its sitting there and would if I didn't turn off updates as soon as available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T04:41:47+00:00

    There are new Windows 11 Insider Preview 24H2 Canary Edition Build 26080.1 release for your rigs everyone.

    Microsoft teams had fixing many error on previous build including update error 0xc1900101.

    Why don't you trying the lastest build ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T19:02:02+00:00

    I don't have a loopback controller showing in device manager. Just the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller and 2 NVM controllers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T18:30:44+00:00

    I uninstalled the 'Loopback controller' then restarted and finally the update went through :)

    Image

    Just leave the Microsoft Storage Controller and the Standard NVM controller, and uninstall the rest

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments