What fix?
You can't drop down from Canary to Dev.
By "old desktop" do you mean it's not
Windows 11 compatible?
I don't see 7700K on the list of supported CPUs for windows 11. 😎
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
What fix?
You can't drop down from Canary to Dev.
By "old desktop" do you mean it's not
Windows 11 compatible?
I don't see 7700K on the list of supported CPUs for windows 11. 😎
What fix?
You can't drop down from Canary to Dev.
By "old desktop" do you mean it's not
Windows 11 compatible?
latest release is really unstable. keeps restarting. crashing. says there's a problem with the build.
this preview is the most unstable for me, so far. mostly smooth sailing (or flighting) for me since being an "insider." i was worried as a "canary," at first - but, nothing much seemed out of the ordinary performance-wise. sure, i've had to go back to win 10 pro on usb a couple times over that past couple years ... but, all was restored (even microsoft's rep.) - with some sweat from me.
i recently installed an update to corsair icue software, and things went downhill quick. maybe coincidence.
i tend to remove old win versions fairly quick to maintain leanness of operation on my old desktop. so, falling back isn't an option for me. it's not at all to do with space ... more that i'm trying to help my 7700k cpu much as i can!
it has been a fun ride. hope to drop back down to dev again with next "fix."
Hi Pauli,
I have seen that before on a previous Canary Build. Other users reported the same issue.
I think I restored an older backup to get rid of it.
On the last 2 canary Builds I had a different issue where the Boot menu did not show up at all and got a black screen.
In this case the bug is created by one experimental feature that MS enabled on 2 machines.
Only happens if Canary is the default boot system.
For this one I found the culprit and disabled it, and everything is back to normal. The effect may be different depending on the display adapters configuration.