Hi Johnny,
So many variables!
I can install any Win 11 on this MSI Laptop except for the issue of bootmgr file I described, which is common to all latest Canary builds. I know it worked with older Canary builds; I just don't remember which one was the last build that did not have this booting issue. 🤷♂️
Hi fg,
There was no way installing W11 with that old Desktop. Even tried upgrading from a working, updated W10 online. Offline it worked like a charm. As soon as I connected on any version of W11, got a BSOD. What happened to the GSOD?
Since I already had the flash card made up for Canary, I clean installed in my non-compliant Legacy Bios ThinkPad that was running Dev. The Canary build of 26020 installed with no issue.
Like you stated, "So many variables!" 🤣
Regards,
Good,
I'm still wondering why I get the same problem with bootmgr file on this MSI laptop GT70-0NC?
Same exact issue with Canary Builds from 25967 on, did not happen with older Canary build 25951 nor with any other Windows 11 Build, public or insider. 😎
With this Build 25951 bootmgr file it boots fine. Same with any earlier Canary Build: 😉
The boot problem in this MSI GT70-0NC starts with build 25967 and any one above that.
I can see that the size of the bootmgr file is getting bigger on all build above 25951, but no clue on what they changed in it.
Typical MS mysteries with no explanation. 😂😂🤐🤷♂️
I just finished an upgrade of a new fully compliant mini-PC from 23619 to 26020. No problems there. 😉