SOLVED - Display Brightness not working on 25314

Anonymous
2023-03-09T14:05:52+00:00

3/23 update: build 25324 does not have this bug. ��

Display brightness is not working with this build.

Anyone else?

https://aka.ms/AAjx75m

DSCN0015[1].AVI

Image

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Pauli O 16,380 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-09T10:13:31+00:00

    I test brightness on 3 laptop running Beta, Dev and Canary builds.

    1. Intel UHD Graphics:
      • Beta: Brightness was OK
      • Dev: Brightness was OK
      • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    2. Intel HD Graphics 530 and AMD FirePro Graphics 530
      • Dev: Brightness was OK
      • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    3. Intel UHD Graphics 630 and Nvidia Quatro P3200
      • Beta: Brightness was OK
      • Dev: Brightness was OK
      • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work

    On device 3 I use BIOS to disable Intel and redirect all graphics to Nvidia --> Brightness was working also on Canary build 25314. This issue must have something to do with Intel graphics / drivers.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T12:51:55+00:00

    Nice job Pauli. Great detail!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T14:11:34+00:00

    Split from this thread.

    Hi Sibro,

    Hi just tried the brightness adjustment and it is really strange.

    It works when I move the slider and I can see the brightness changing, but when I record it with Screen to Gif, the change in brightness is not visible.

    I really don't understand what is happening.

    This laptop has both Nvidia and Intel,

    Really puzzling, I can clearly see the changes in brightness here on the screen, but I cannot record the variation.

    If I take 2 screen shots, they look different when I take them, but they both readjust to the same brightness currently set on the screen.

    The recording tool cannot record the brightness variation, so it is deceiving in this case.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T17:28:40+00:00

    I test brightness on 3 laptop running Beta, Dev and Canary builds.

    1. Intel UHD Graphics:
    • Beta: Brightness was OK
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    1. Intel HD Graphics 530 and AMD FirePro Graphics 530
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    1. Intel UHD Graphics 630 and Nvidia Quatro P3200
    • Beta: Brightness was OK
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work

    On device 3 I use BIOS to disable Intel and redirect all graphics to Nvidia --> Brightness was working also on Canary build 25314. This issue must have something to do with Intel graphics / drivers.

    If I remember correctly, Sibro has the same Intel Driver on his graphics for the laptop.

    My laptop that works with 25314 brightness also has both Intel and Nvidia, but the Intel is an older Intel HD 4000.

    I tried with both Nvidia and Intel, and both worked. Looks like the latest Intel driver with 25314 may be the source of the problem. 😎

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Pauli O 16,380 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-09T17:31:52+00:00

    I just get notification from Feedback Hub and there was responce:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments