SOLVED - Display Brightness not working on 25314

Anonymous
2023-03-09T14:05:52+00:00

3/23 update: build 25324 does not have this bug. ��

Display brightness is not working with this build.

Anyone else?

https://aka.ms/AAjx75m

DSCN0015[1].AVI

Image

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T18:13:14+00:00

    This is a separate issue (of course) that we need some specific logging to investigate.

    Are you willing to set up a kernel debugger to grab the deeper logs we need to investigate? If so, I'll drop you a DM so we can work through that process.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T18:11:29+00:00

    Thank you for reporting! New bug that we're tracking. I doubt we'll have it fixed for next week's flight candidate, but the right folks are aware and will be tackling it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T17:35:43+00:00

    I just get notification from Feedback Hub and there was responce:

    Image

    Great, hopefully next build will have a fix. 👌

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Pauli O 16,380 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-09T17:31:52+00:00

    I just get notification from Feedback Hub and there was responce:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T17:28:40+00:00

    I test brightness on 3 laptop running Beta, Dev and Canary builds.

    1. Intel UHD Graphics:
    • Beta: Brightness was OK
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    1. Intel HD Graphics 530 and AMD FirePro Graphics 530
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work
    1. Intel UHD Graphics 630 and Nvidia Quatro P3200
    • Beta: Brightness was OK
    • Dev: Brightness was OK
    • Canary: Brightness Doesn't work

    On device 3 I use BIOS to disable Intel and redirect all graphics to Nvidia --> Brightness was working also on Canary build 25314. This issue must have something to do with Intel graphics / drivers.

    If I remember correctly, Sibro has the same Intel Driver on his graphics for the laptop.

    My laptop that works with 25314 brightness also has both Intel and Nvidia, but the Intel is an older Intel HD 4000.

    I tried with both Nvidia and Intel, and both worked. Looks like the latest Intel driver with 25314 may be the source of the problem. 😎

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments